House Tour: Guest Bathroom

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Over Thanksgiving break I had tons of time to shop. Shopping led to finding new things, which led to a sudden urge to redecorate our house in anticipation of hosting Christmas this year.

One room in this house, and our previous house, that has been neglected is our guest bathroom. We have been using the same decor that I have had since my freshman year of college. Don't get me wrong, I still loved it, but it was time for something fresh. As Chris would say, "It's time to get more mature stuff." Okay, boss-man, more mature stuff it is.

My first order of business was finding a shower curtain that was longer than 72". In my search I found that is the standard size, but that was not going to cut it. It made our poor shower look like it was wearing high-waters! So, off to the curtain section I went.

I was going for a more clean look by incorporating in lots of whites. My main goal was to not have to repaint, since I hate painting. I wanted to use the paint color the previous homeowners had chosen and just go with that, since I didn't hate it.

One thing lead to another and I managed to pull together a fresh look for our bathroom at just under $150!




  




Kensie Tulip Curtains - here
Threshold White Curtain - here
Wooden Box - similar here
Towels, rug, soap dispenser are all from HomeGoods.
DIY Moss "T" here
Metal art from Hobby Lobby

10 comments:

  1. Your bathroom looks so cute! It is more "mature", I like it! :)

    xo
    Lexi
    the-streetsofgold.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That towel holder is too cute!! And love the shower curtain! You did an awesome job!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the purple flowers in your bridal picture tie in the light purpley-violet colors of the walls. Looks great!

    ~ Elyse
    www.lee-lee-land.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I like the numbered towel holder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! That moss T is perfect. 'm trying to resist the urge to re-do every room in our home in anticipation of hosting Christmas, and it's not working very well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE it!! It looks solo awesome, and yes very mature :) I especially love the bath mat and the numbered towel holder, super cute! And what a great price for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love how you split the two different style of curtains! Everything looks so great my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY pretty! Loving the shower curtains like that! We re-did our bathroom and its mostly done, but I do need some pretty artwork to hang above the toilet still!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love how your bathroom looks! It’s quite simple, yet fascinating. The curtain divider is eye-catching, and the wooden towel rack gives a really cute accent to the entire bathroom. Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us, Sarah. All the best!


    Johnny Hernandez @ RippleSystems

    ReplyDelete