WIWW: Olive Green Vest & Blanket Scarf + Link Up

Wednesday, November 19, 2014










Does this post even need words? I mean come on...this scarf, this vest. Does it get any more "this is my winter go-to look" than this? This vest does come with a removable fur hood, but I thought that was a little much for church. 

Speaking of church...we were standing there worshiping on Sunday when all of a sudden the teenage boy in front of us collapsed. I instantly starting shoving my sister-in-law towards the scene (she is an RN) being that she deals with this kind of stuff on a daily basis. This teacher, on the other hand, was relieved to know the boy just got too hot and had most likely locked his knees and fainted. Whew! I will admit that it was extremely hot. Texans think that, because it is 20 outside, we need to make it 80 inside. Wrong

Anyways, back to the scarf and vest. I already ordered two more of these scarves for Christmas presents and I have another vest on order for my SIL (she already knows, so I'm not ruining the surprise). These Old Navy vests (like the one I posted about yesterday!) are just too good to pass up.

Lastly, can we talk about this turtleneck? I wore the same one in burgundy yesterday, and I'm sure the striped one I bought will be making an appearance soon. These are THE BEST and most comfortable long-sleeved shirts I have ever worn. They are stretchy and so soft. I have worn all of them twice and I've only had them for eight days. And here is another secret....they didn't have my size in the burgundy and striped, so I ended up getting a large because I wanted them so bad. So, I have one small and two larges and I love how all of them fit. I am most likely going to order the red striped one here pretty soon. They're amazing. The grey is a small and the burgundy from yesterday's post is a large. You can slightly tell the size difference, but it doesn't matter to me! 



Now for the link up!

- All I ask is you link back to my blog and link to a specific post.

- Write about something fashion related!

Thanks for linking up and to see other WIWW posts, click here.

Linking up with Because Shanna Said So, Get Your Pretty On, The Pleated Poppy.

20 comments:

  1. What a scary event for a Sunday morning service! Glad he was okay. This is such a perfect layering outfit for this frigid weather!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite the thrill for a Sunday morning!

      Thanks friend!

      Delete
  2. Glad everything ended up being okay, and i looove your outfit!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great winter go-to outfit!! Love this olive color! An eventful church service... Scary but glad he ended up being ok.

    xo
    Lexi
    the-streetsofgold.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!!

      It was definitely eventful for an early morning!

      Delete
  4. Wow! I would have panicked had I been there.
    Great vest! Perfect for fall!

    Crissy
    http://www.somevelvetmorningblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now a green vest is one I don't have!
    And yes to that striped turtleneck! That baby is going on my Christmas list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a perfect go to winter look--all the essentials--Cute, Cozy, and Warm :) My sister is going to school to be a nurse and I don't know how she does it--one drop of blood and my stomach is turning lol I would not want to see someone faint!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect winter look! That scarf....love!
    xo,
    Monica
    GlamVolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your winter go-to look! That scarf is very pretty!
    Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. There you go with the vest again! Addicted I tell ya! You're making me want to get another vest...stop it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blanket scarf club!! Haha. LOVE Target for making one! I'm obsessed with mine.

    Jessi
    www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this whole look! I was curious how you were going to style the scarf since it isn't a full "blanket" style. That was the only downside to buying this one from Target.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gah!!!! This scarf with this vest! PERFECTION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seriously love that vest!

    http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sydney! It is such a great staple piece for winter!

      Delete
  14. Cute, cute, cute! I love this whole outfit. I'm going to stop by Old Navy mañana!

    ReplyDelete