Five Random Things...

Monday, December 3, 2012


    

I have to put chapstick on before I go to sleep. I seriously cannot fall asleep unless my lips are coated. I prefer Burt’s Bees, but anything would do at that point.

                                                                                                                 
      My top braces got ripped off by a blanket the summer before my freshman year of high school. The ortho decided to not put them back on and instead correct them with a retainer for the final months. Now, my teeth don’t line up perfectly, but I have a funny story to tell!

      I have always been claustrophobic, but as I have gotten older it has gotten extremely worse. Case in point: the other day Chris and I were driving down the highway and I saw three people in the back seat of an extended cab truck (ya know the truck that has a back seat, but only two real doors?). I started to breathe heavy and explained to Chris that I was having anxiety thinking about how those people would escape if something happened. Terrible, right? I won’t even mention when I started crying at the Eric Church concert. I was claustrophobic because we were in the very middle of the row and I didn’t have easy access to the edge. Whewwww…I’m getting anxious just thinking about this! Moving on!


      I really want another dog, but Chris and I don’t think it is fair to Wrigley and Bailey. They need all our attention right now. And by the looks of our backyard, another dog might aide in the attempt at digging to China!

  
      I would live in NYC in a heartbeat. By far my favorite city. The constant hustle and bustle is such a rush and anything you want to do is at your fingertips. Chris on the other hand would not be caught dead taking an elevator to his “house” and sharing a bus with thousands of other people that have “germs.” Yes, he is the person who carries around hand-san all. the. time. Me, well I live by the 5 second rule…but depending on the food, 10 seconds is always debatable.


Now y'all probably think I am a weirdo. Go ahead, unfollow me. I'll hide my eyes and pretend to not see ;)



12 comments:

  1. Ok. So I HAVE to put vaseline on my lips before I go to sleep. Have to. It's not an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to the pre-bed chapstick and always needing an "escape" so to speak. Interesting that you'd want to live in such a people/car/everything-filled city! I'm with your husband on the germ police though, hand sanitizer is my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely hate sitting in the middle of any row. Anytime i buy tickets to an event i use the option where i can pick my own seat and i go right for the aisle seats. I will choose to sit further back on the end of a row instead of closer in the middle every single time.

    Tara

    http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I not only have to have chapstick on at night, I have to have it with me and on at all times. I'll literally have a small panic attack if I get somewhere and don't have any chapstick - it will become all I can think about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hate, hate, hate middle seats, or anything that feels constrivtive! I think it stems from the time on NYE that we were stuck in an Elevator in our hotel for 2 hrs, in Manhattan after the ball had dropped. NEVER AGAIN! Haha I love the new "mini" Vaseline jars & each purse has their own. I just want one dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby lived in NYC for a little while. I think it was great at first but then it got really expensive and almost "too busy" if that makes sense. I think the only way I would live there now is if I were extremely wealthy and had a nice penthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I have to have my lips absolutely covered in chap stick before bed. 5 seconds, 10 seconds, whatever.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am a vaseline/chapstick weirdo and put it on every night before bed! Now I don't feel so crazy! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have major claustrophobia too- I prefer the front seat of any vehicle or else I feel trapped! Thanks for linking up, can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh my goodness, i can totally relate to the claustrophobia thing. i even get that way in larger places (i.e. the movie theater).
    once i sit down, i have to immediately locate the nearest exit in case i should ever need to know! crazy.
    on a much lighter note, i'm the same way with chapstick!
    there are some nights where i'll forget and get into bed...but then i can't sleep because i'm thinking about my chapped lips, so i crawl out of bed, put the chapstick on, and then get back into bed.
    funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can totally relate to needing the chapstick before bed...I thought it was only me!!

    ReplyDelete